If your ship docks at BUSAN, you can visit GYEONGJU – the old capital of SILLA DYNASTY – in a day. (92 KM, or 57 miles between BUSAN and GYEONGJU)
SILLA was one of the world’s longest sustained dynasties, which was founded in BC57 and disappeared in AD935.
The symbols of SILLA dynasty are Buddhism, gold crowns (see the photos in PHOTOS tab) and big tombs look like mountain.
The importance of Buddhism in SILLA society was embodied with many number of temples were built, often financed and sponsored by high-ranking nobility, the most notable being HWANGRYONGSA TEMPLE (but, destroyed by Mongolia), BULGUKSA TEMPLE and SEOKGURAM GROTTO. SILLA’s strong Buddhist nature is also reflected by the thousands of remnant Buddhist stone figures and carvings. Among these heritages, you will visit BULGUKSA TEMPLE.
After then, let’s go to NATIONAL MUSEUM of GYEONGJU to see SILLA crowns and thousands of items discovered from the tombs. Also, you will see the Bronze Bell of King Seongdeok the Great attracting a large number of tourists.
At and around GYEONGJU, there are three units of UNESCO World Heritage. Unless you customize the itinerary, you will cover 2 out of 3 places.
– Old GYEONGJU
– BULGUKSA TEMPLE and SEOKGURAM GROTTO
– YANGDONG VILLAGE (if time permits, you can include this place at some extra price)
|US$||Items||Number of people|
|Per group||Cars by Korean speaking driver||$340||$400||$640|
|Per person||Admission fee – adult||$6|
|Admission fee – child under 13Y||$3|
|Basic Meals (option)||$10|
|Weekend Meals (option)||$20|
|Special Meals (option)||$40|
|▪ If 2 people choose guide + admission fee + Special Meal in addition to 8-seater van, the price will be [$280 for guide + $320 for vehicle + ($6 for admission + $40 for meal) X 2 people] = $692
▪ If 12 people choose guide, admission fee, Basic Meal in addition to 15-seater bus, the price will be [$280 for guide + $400 for vehicle + ($10 for meal + $6 for admission) X 12 people] = $872
08:30am Meet your guide, or driver at BUSAN cruise port
08:30-10:00 Transfer to GYEONGJU
10:00-11:00 DAEREUNGWON ANCIENT TOMBS
11:30-12:30 Visit NATIONAL MUSEUM of GYEONGJU
14:30-15:30 BULGUKSA TEMPLE
15:30-17:00 Transfer back to BUSAN
▪ To book this tour, please click ‘Cash on delivery’ option.
▪ Then, we will advise you the exact amount and the payment method after checking the rooms and seats availability.
▪ If you have your own itinerary, you can request to customize this tour by reflecting your itinerary. I.e., You can add some other place(s) and you can exclude some place(s).
▪ If you join this tour during the last week of March – first week of April, you can enjoy cherry blossom.